Thursday, April 12, 2012

Fresh Black Bean and Corn Salsa

This recipe comes from Kyle's Aunt Camille, who is an outstanding cook.  I get requests for this from multiple people everywhere I take it.

Ingredients


2 tomatoes, peeled and seeded, diced
2 avocados, diced
One small bunch green onions, chopped
One bunch cilantro, remove and chop leaves, discard stems
One cup frozen corn, thawed.  (I like the big bag of organic white corn from Costco.)
1 can black beans, rinsed
1 package Good Seasons Italian Dressing Mix
About 4 tbsp fresh lime juice
About 1 1/2 tsp. sugar
2 cloves garlic, minced

Mix everything together and serve with tortilla chips.  I like to get the 'scoops' kind because they hold a lot of salsa and don't break.  I have always just put the Italian Dressing Mix in dry, but the last time I made this with my mother in law, she told me that I was supposed to make up the dressing first and then add it.  I have become so used to the way I made it though, that it seemed way too goopy with the dressing made up and I prefer it with the dressing mix dry.  I also figured, why add the extra oil when it's so good without it.  You can try it both ways though and see what you think.

No comments: