Thursday, March 13, 2014

Whole Wheat Bread

This is my favorite whole wheat bread recipe that I make every week. I like to use whole white wheat that I grind myself but you can find it in the stores too. I usually half the recipe because I need a bigger mixer!

Whole Wheat Bread
(Makes 4 large loaves)
5 cups of warm-hot water
2/3 cup oil
2/3 cup honey
3 T. yeast
3 T. vinegar
Gently mix this and let sit till yeast bubbles
Add 3-4 cups of flour (I usually make my first three white instead of using gluten)
1/4 cup gluten (optional)
Add 2 T. salt
Add remaining wheat flour (about 10 cups)
Knead or mix for less than 10 minutes
Let raise above warm oven for 30-35 minutes
Form into loaves in oiled bread pans
Let raise above warm oven for 30-35 minutes
Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes

Remove from loaf pans and put on cooling rack.  I butter tops of loaves.

1 comment:

Paul and Amy Barton said...

Thanks Sarah!!! I have wanted a wheat bread recipe to make. I think I will try this tomorrow morning.